Newbie here......

A place for new members to introduce themselves and ask questions about the Message Board, the Gallery and getting around ACOT.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 132

Newbie here......

Post by Birgit55~Chickadee »

Hello,  I'm a newbie to this forum as well as to ACOT.  Just found the online store about a month ago and am in love with all the products!  I'm new to art journaling and just posted my first project to the gallery.  Just trying to figure things out here on the board.  My passions are card making, treat packaging and now art journaling.  I also like to make junk journals and sometimes altered art.  I see there is a lot about scrapbooking on here.  Are there any challenges in these other areas of interest that I can check out??
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1740

Re: Newbie here......

Post by beachlover »

Welcome to ACOT!!!!  We always love to have new Cherries join our group!!!
As for challenges, its mostly layouts right now although some will accept a planner page if
it meets the criteria.  And we do have a card challenge each month.  Please do not let this
discourage you!!!  This place is constantly growing and its the best place to shop!  Stay 
connected to the Message Board so we can get to know you better!  This is the warmest and
friendliest place to be!!!  Maybe you can teach some of us your other crafty projects and even
host a challenge once you feel comfortable!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

DMarie
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 462

Post by DMarie »

Welcome!  So glad to have you joining us!  Crafters of all kinds belong here.  I may be mostly a scrapper but I love learning about other types of crafts because you just never know when those other skills will be needed.  Bring it on Crafting Sister.  Can't wait to see your art in action.
Dawn Marie 
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2448

Post by emmapaige »

Welcome! I just checked out your project in the gallery and it is STUNNING!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1371

Post by VickiR »

Welcome, Birgit!  I'm an avid card maker too.  There are monthly challenges that always include a card!

September Master List

Last edited by VickiR on Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

Welcome to ACOT!  We're glad you joined us!

While it is true that most challenges are scrapbook layout based, there are several challenges that allow card creations for entry.  There are also some times where journal/art journal creations may count as an entry.  There is a monthly journaling challenge, and as mentioned above, there is also a monthly card challenge. 

You're gallery entry is gorgeous!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 930

Post by StacyLee »

Welcome!  I host a monthly challenge called Inky Fingers, you can find it here .  As long as you meet the challenge requirement using ink I'll accept any type of project, cards, art journal, travelers notebooks, planners, etc. Hope to see you join in!
Stacy

ImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3703

Post by blbabe1234 »

Welcome to ACOT! Just checked out your gallery post - beautifully done! Can't wait to see what you create!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2038

Post by MTCanuk »

Welcome!  This is a fun place to hang out.  Just checked your gallery post and it looks amazing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

Mycreativerootscrafts
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 198

Post by Mycreativerootscrafts »

Welcome to ACOT. You will absolutely love it here. Everyone is super friendly and kind!! I am heading over to see your creation. I look forward to seeing more of your work posted! I have a monthly card challenge here
Always grateful for this journey, Flora

Instagram @mycreativerootscrafts

ImageImageImageImage
Jolly Holly Scraps
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 512

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

:-D Welcome to ACOT! We DO LOVE a variety of arts and crafts here! Some of the challenges will allow for projects to be things besides LayOuts, as long as the criteria for that particular challenge is met.
I've been here since 2020, and I promise this is some of the nicest people I've ever met! :) Great friendships here, for sure! :) Can't wait to see your creations!
scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1364

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Welcome to the board! I know you'll have great fun here - we all do!

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2448

Post by emmapaige »

My monthly challenge is here. Each month I host a manufacturer challenge with a twist. I accept any and all kinds of projects so hopefully you can find one that will work for you.  And if you have a particular Alpha (manufacturer) you would like to see in future challenges, please PM me.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 940

Post by suewho372 »

Welcome!!! I hope you find a home with us here! I host a challenge called” mini layout” challenge that is for all sorts of creations that are not in the traditional layout format- cards- are also accepted !!
Let us know if you have any questions!!! 😊😊😊
Susan

Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:36 am
Welcome! I just checked out your project in the gallery and it is STUNNING!

Thank you!  That's so very kind of you to say!   :greeninlove:
Birgit55~Chickadee
Cherry Picker

Thanks to everyone for your warm welcome.  I'll be checking out the monthly challenges for sure!
Mathandlit
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 431

Post by Mathandlit »

Welcome to ACOT!
GinniG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 471

Post by GinniG »

Hi! Welcome to ACOT!!! You’ll love it here! Everyone is so warm and friendly and this is like a family!

So tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from? We love getting to know each other!
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2327

Post by Art_Teacher »

Welcome to ACOT!  This message board is definitely the friendliest one on the web. :)  As many have said, there are several challenges that allow different types of crafting.  As a high school art teacher, I just started having my students do altered books (very similar to art journaling), and I can’t wait to see what you are doing.  So many inspiring crafters here!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 504

Post by SandyJay »

Welcome Birgit!  You will love it here.  I am primarily a scrapbooker, and I keep it that way because I am too far behind in capturing the memories of my children.  I am sure you will find a place for your projects here, and if not, you can make your own!  Again, welcome!

Return to “Cherry Blossoms”